FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A spring snowstorm took commuters by surprise Monday morning, dropping a slushy mix on roadways and snarling traffic.
Sleet began falling in parts of Fairfield County around 6:30 a.m., resulting in treacherous driving conditions.
The left lane of the northbound Merritt was blocked near Den Road in Stamford during much of the morning rush hour.
An accident on the southbound Merritt between exits 33 and 31 was reported at 7:35 a.m.
Two accidents were also reported in Ridgefield -- one on Ivy Hill Road, with an overturned vehicle, and the other on West Lane.
Two other accidents were reported just over the Fairfield County border along I-84 in Carmel, N.Y., as well as Southeast, N.Y.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Wilton Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms