FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A spring snowstorm took commuters by surprise Monday morning, dropping a slushy mix on roadways and snarling traffic.
Sleet began falling in parts of Fairfield County around 6:30 a.m., resulting in treacherous driving conditions.
The left lane of the northbound Merritt was blocked near Den Road in Stamford during much of the morning rush hour.
An accident on the southbound Merritt between exits 33 and 31 was reported at 7:35 a.m.
Two accidents were also reported in Ridgefield -- one on Ivy Hill Road, with an overturned vehicle, and the other on West Lane.
Two other accidents were reported just over the Fairfield County border along I-84 in Carmel, N.Y., as well as Southeast, N.Y.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Wilton On Wednesday
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 SafeWise Names Wilton As Fifth Safest Place In Connecticut
- 5 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity