FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- State police reported no fatalities on the state's highways over the July 4 holiday weekend and fewer crashes than in 2013, LT. J. Paul Vance said in a statement Monday morning.
The final Connecticut State Police holiday statistics for the July 4th Holiday Operation began on July 3 at 12:01 a.m. and continued until midnight July 6. Here are the numbers:
- Total Accidents: 312
- Of those, accidents with injuries: 47
- Fatals: 0
- DUI arrests: 42
- Speeding tickets: 1,559
- Seatbelt tickets: 297
- Other hazardous moving violation tickets: 3,841
State Troopers will continue to enforce all motor vehicle laws as the summer continues, Vance said.
For comparison, in 2013:
- 370 accidents;
- 55 with injuries;
- No fatals;
- 65 DUI arrests;
- 2,491 speeding tickets;
- 5,737 other hazardous moving violation tickets
That is a reduction in every category, Vance said.
- 1 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 SafeWise Names Wilton As Fifth Safest Place In Connecticut
- 4 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity
- 5 Wilton Man Opens State's First Orangetheory Fitness In Fairfield