WILTON, Conn. -- A Wilton man was sentenced to seven years in prison after he admitted repeatedly exposed himself to an 8-year-old girl, according to thehour.com.
Kenneth Phelan, 53, had pleaded guilty to four counts of risk of injury to a minor, but the severity of his sentence was debated by the prosecution and the defense, according to thehour.com.
In the end, Phelan got seven years in prison and 12 years of special parole. His attorney, however, successfully argued that Phelan's transgressions did not meet the state guidelines that would require him to register as a sex offender, thehour.com said.
Phelan, who was arrested on Oct. 4, 2011, was sentenced Thursday.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight