WILTON, Conn. -- A Wilton man was sentenced to seven years in prison after he admitted repeatedly exposed himself to an 8-year-old girl, according to thehour.com.
Kenneth Phelan, 53, had pleaded guilty to four counts of risk of injury to a minor, but the severity of his sentence was debated by the prosecution and the defense, according to thehour.com.
In the end, Phelan got seven years in prison and 12 years of special parole. His attorney, however, successfully argued that Phelan's transgressions did not meet the state guidelines that would require him to register as a sex offender, thehour.com said.
Phelan, who was arrested on Oct. 4, 2011, was sentenced Thursday.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts