MONROE, Conn. - Allida L. Finnegan of Monroe died Friday, Feb. 7. She was 68.
Finnegan was born Sept. 20, 1945, in Bridgeport; daughter of Dr. Paul P. Liscio and Paulette Liscio. A former School Sister of Notre Dame of Wilton, she began her 36 year teaching career in East Meadow. She spent the majority of her career as an elementary school teacher at Tashua School in Trumbull. She was a member of the Gaelic American Club in Fairfield. In addition, she was a volunteer with the Greater Bridgeport Retired Teachers Association, Greater Bridgeport St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee, and was a reader at Hall School in Bridgeport.
Finnegan is survived by her daughters, Maura E. Finnegan ( SSGT. David) Ulrich, Megan C. Finnegan and her fiancé, Michael O'Connor of Reading, Mass., and Erin S. Soto (Eliezer Soto, Jr.) and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Edward C. Finnegan.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 at St. Jude Church, 707 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe. Interment will follow in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Trumbull.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Attn: Developmental Office, 345 Belden Hill Rd., Wilton, CT 06897.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed