WILTON, Conn. - Garvin L. Roos Sr. of Wilton died Friday, July 18. He was 78.
Roos was born May 10, 1936, in Norwalk, the son of Joseph and Eva Dziemianzuk Roos. He left school to join the U.S. Navy and served as a quartermaster during the Korean War. After his military service, he attended the University of Bridgeport and graduated with a bachelor's degree in 1959. After receiving his CPA license in 1961, he went on to open his own private practice. After 44 years, he retired.
Roos is survived by his daughters, Lori Hoyt (Robert) and Lynn Tucci (John); five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Nancy Christensen Roos; son, Garvin L. Roos Jr.; and brother, Joseph H. Roos.
Calling hours are 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 24, at The Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will celebrated Friday, July 25, at 10 a.m. in St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 203 East Ave., Norwalk. Burial with full military honors will follow in St. John Cemetery, 223 Richards Ave., Norwalk.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Wilton
- 5 Warmer Temps Bring Threat Of Storms For Wilton