WILTON, Conn. – Gertrude H. Wood of Wilton died Feb. 2 at Wilton Meadows. She was 95.
Born in Fort Ann, N.Y., she was the daughter of Martin and Anna Maranville Hamblin. She lived in Milford and Norwalk for many years before moving to Wilton in 1993. She was married to Clyde O. Wood.
Wood was a member of the Church of God for more than 50 years. She enjoyed playing the piano for church services and for her family.
Her husband predeceased her.
She is survived by two sons, Gerald G. (Maya) Wood, of Haines City, Fla., and Peter J. (Angela) Wood, of Wilton; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 1 to 4 p.m., Tuesday, at Magner Funeral Home in Norwalk. Burial will be at a later date at Moss Street Cemetery in Glens Falls, N.Y.
Memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 5 Wilton, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades