WILTON, Conn. – Joan T. Bilek of Wilton died Sept. 30 at her home. She was 87.
Bilek was born Feb. 2, 1925, in New York City to Clarence and Marguerite Quinn McCarthy. She was married to Joseph Bilek, who predeceased her. Bilek lived in New York for most of her life and worked as a secretary in the Empire State Building for several years.
She is survived by three nephews, Thomas (Debbie) Spinola, Donald (Heidi) Spinola and William (Penny) Spinola; two cousins, Sylvio Spinola and Lola Horan; and her special friend, Mike Callan. She was predeceased by a brother, Frank McCarthy; and two cousins, Alice Spinola and Tom Horan.
A memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Church in Norwalk. Magner Funeral Home in Norwalk is handling arrangements.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Wilton Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms