WILTON, Conn. – Joan T. Bilek of Wilton died Sept. 30 at her home. She was 87.
Bilek was born Feb. 2, 1925, in New York City to Clarence and Marguerite Quinn McCarthy. She was married to Joseph Bilek, who predeceased her. Bilek lived in New York for most of her life and worked as a secretary in the Empire State Building for several years.
She is survived by three nephews, Thomas (Debbie) Spinola, Donald (Heidi) Spinola and William (Penny) Spinola; two cousins, Sylvio Spinola and Lola Horan; and her special friend, Mike Callan. She was predeceased by a brother, Frank McCarthy; and two cousins, Alice Spinola and Tom Horan.
A memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Church in Norwalk. Magner Funeral Home in Norwalk is handling arrangements.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton