WILTON, Conn. - Maria Jarreau Heller of Wilton died Monday, Jan. 6. She was 89.
Heller was born May 30, 1924, to Conchita and Alfred Stokes-Vecchio in Gilbraltar and immigrated with her family to America in 1943. She lived in Wilton for 65 years. She started studying painting later in life, and was a contributor and teacher in the local arts community for decades.She was a parishioner of Our Lady of Fatima Church, Wilton.
Heller is survived by her sister, Iris Stokes-Vecchio Barton (Harold); daughter, Yvette Jarreau; sons, Adrian Jarreau (Rikki Ricard) and Julien Jarreau (Kelley Connors); four grandsons; and a great-granddaughter. She was predeceased by her husbands, Alphé Jarreau and Dr. John Heller.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Jan. 11 at 1 p.m. in Our Lady of Fatima Church, Wilton. Burial will follow at Hillside Cemetery, Wilton.
Donations may be made to the Wilton Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County, P.O. Box 489, Wilton, CT 06897.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 Sound Healer Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 2 Wilton Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Wilton
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton Tuesday