WILTON, Conn. - Maria Jarreau Heller of Wilton died Monday, Jan. 6. She was 89.
Heller was born May 30, 1924, to Conchita and Alfred Stokes-Vecchio in Gilbraltar and immigrated with her family to America in 1943. She lived in Wilton for 65 years. She started studying painting later in life, and was a contributor and teacher in the local arts community for decades.She was a parishioner of Our Lady of Fatima Church, Wilton.
Heller is survived by her sister, Iris Stokes-Vecchio Barton (Harold); daughter, Yvette Jarreau; sons, Adrian Jarreau (Rikki Ricard) and Julien Jarreau (Kelley Connors); four grandsons; and a great-granddaughter. She was predeceased by her husbands, Alphé Jarreau and Dr. John Heller.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Jan. 11 at 1 p.m. in Our Lady of Fatima Church, Wilton. Burial will follow at Hillside Cemetery, Wilton.
Donations may be made to the Wilton Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County, P.O. Box 489, Wilton, CT 06897.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 3 Wilton High Senior Honored With Prestigious Presidential Scholar Award
- 4 Norwalk YMCA, Wilton Family Y Merge Into One Entity
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Collision With Train