RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Raymond H. Lyons, Jr. of Ridgefield, formerly of Wilton, died Wednesday, Jan. 22. He was 84.
Lyons was born Jan. 14, 1930, in Hartford, to Gladys (Bliss) and Raymond, Sr. He attended public schools in Pittsfield, Mass., and graduated from the Lenox School for Boys and the University of Hartford. After serving in the Korean War, he returned to the states and began a career in sales and marketing, selling life insurance for the John Hancock Company. He then sold appliances for Proctor-Silex. In the autumn of ’67 he moved with his wife and family of three to Wilton.
Lyons is survived by his wife, Ruth; daughters, Elizabeth Klvana (Tim) of Ridgefield, Sarah Lyons of Danbury; son, Paul Lyons (Gayle) of Ridgefield; five grandchildren; and nephews and nieces. He was predeceased by his nephew, Thomas Wardop, Jr. of Huntington, Ind.
Memorial service will take place at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, Ridgefield with the Rev. Whitney Altopp officiating.
Contributions in Lyons’ memory may be made to St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 351 Main St., Ridgefield 06877.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton