WILTON, Conn. – William Paca Murtaugh of Wilton died Sept. 29, with family at his side at a hospital in New York City. He was 25.
Murtaugh was born July 25, 1987, in Bronxville, N.Y. He lived the majority of his life in Wilton, where he graduated from Wilton High School. Murtaugh attended the University of Colorado at Boulder and worked as a commodities trader at Trafigura A.G.
He lived his life with irrepressible joy and could charm his way out of any scrape his adventuresome nature led him into, his family said.
Murtaugh is survived by his parents, Jim and Ginger; two sisters, Hannah and Molly; his grandmother, Doris Murtaugh; and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
The family will receive friends from 5-8 p.m. Wednesday at Kane Funeral Home in Ridgefield. There will be a celebration of his life at 11 a.m. Thursday at Wilton Congregational Church.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the youth ministry at Wilton Congregational Church.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 5 Wilton, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades