DARIEN, Conn. – Police arrested three suspects Thursday on prostitution charges at Sunrise Health Therapeutic Massage in Darien.
The proprietor, Fu Xu, 49, of Elmhurst, N.Y., was charged with promoting prostitution, permitting prostitution and three counts of employing unlicensed massage therapists. Xiuguin Lu, 45, of Flushing, N.Y., was charged with two counts of prostitution and three counts of practicing massage without a license. Fenjiao Gao, 43, of Flushing, N.Y., was charged with interfering with a police officer and practicing massage without a license.
The Patrol Division developed information that patrons of Sunrise Health were being offered sex acts in exchange for money, police said. Darien police launched a four-month investigation, which involved undercover informants, the Connecticut State Police Statewide Organized Crime Investigation Task Force, and the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Police said the arrests led to the seizure of $4,500 in cash, which was in the establishment as well as a vehicle used to transport female employees.
Xu was held on a $5,000 bond, Lu was held on a $20,000 bond and Gao was held on a $1,000 bond. All three are scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 10.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Wilton Police Assist In Arrest Of Bar Owner Accused Of Serving Minors
- 3 Wilton's Blue Buffalo Pet Food Surges After IPO Raises $677 Million
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island