Accidental Mix Of Chemicals Blamed For Causing Wilton House Fire

  • Comments (1)
An accidental mix of chemicals is the cause of a fire that damaged a Wilton home on March 29, according to a report.
An accidental mix of chemicals is the cause of a fire that damaged a Wilton home on March 29, according to a report. Photo Credit: File

WILTON, Conn. -- An accidental mix of pool and lawn chemicals in a storage cabinet is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a home on Linden Tree Road on March 29, according to the Wilton Bulletin.

Fire crews from five different towns brought in water from tankers to put the fire out because no fire hydrants were near the home.

The fire destroyed the home's deck and damaged part of the house. No people were hurt, but the family dog perished in the fire, according to the article.

Click here to read the full Wilton Bulletin report.

  • 1
    Comments

Comments (1)

Mr. Rosso or another member of the Wilton FD should provide a public service and provide the print and online media serving our community with a list of correct and incorrect ways to store chemicals. This may prevent such blazes in the future, sparing heartache, injury and perhaps loss of life.