Wilton Daily Voice

Like Follow Contact Us
Wilton Daily Voice serves Wilton, CT

Nearby Towns

Accidental Mix Of Chemicals Blamed For Causing Wilton House Fire

An accidental mix of chemicals is the cause of a fire that damaged a Wilton home on March 29, according to a report.
An accidental mix of chemicals is the cause of a fire that damaged a Wilton home on March 29, according to a report. Photo Credit: File

WILTON, Conn. -- An accidental mix of pool and lawn chemicals in a storage cabinet is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a home on Linden Tree Road on March 29, according to the Wilton Bulletin.

Fire crews from five different towns brought in water from tankers to put the fire out because no fire hydrants were near the home.

The fire destroyed the home's deck and damaged part of the house. No people were hurt, but the family dog perished in the fire, according to the article.

Click here to read the full Wilton Bulletin report .

Welcome to

Wilton Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.