WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'