WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Wilton Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Wilton Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Wilton; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow