WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight