WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Wilton