WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight