WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Wilton Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday