WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Lydia Hearst
- 2 Wilton Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Letter: Absence Of Wilton's Lavielle Speaks Volumes
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 5 Arrest Of A Man In Assault On Co-Worker In Wilton Tops Week’s News