WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Wilton On Wednesday
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 SafeWise Names Wilton As Fifth Safest Place In Connecticut
- 5 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity