WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'