WILTON, Conn. -- Matthew Marcarelli, a firefighter who was under consideration to become Wilton's new chief, has withdrawn his name from the list of candidates, according to thehour.com.
Marcarelli made news in 2009 as part of the "New Haven 20," a group of white firefighters who won $2 million in damages in a state Supreme Court case after results from a 2003 promotion test were thrown out due to poor scores by minorities, thehour.com reported.
- 1 Wilton High Senior Honored With Prestigious Presidential Scholar Award
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Norwalk YMCA, Wilton Family Y Merge Into One Entity