DANBURY, Conn. — A man who fell from the roof of a Danbury social club landed on a barbecue grill rotisserie stand and became impaled on a large piece of metal Tuesday morning, Danbury firefighter said.
At about 9:30 a.m., Danbury firefighters and EMS units were dispatched to the Casa Do Benfica Soccer and Social Club at 28 Federal Road. The man, who is about 30 years old, fell about 8 to 10 feet from a roof and landed on the metal stand, said James Gagliardo, public information officer for the Danbury Fire Department.
The Danbury Fire Department, along with EMS personnel from the Western Connecticut Health Network, used a metal cutting saw to cut the metal object from the stand and secure it to the patient for transport to Danbury Hospital, Gagliardo said.
The patient, who was not identified, was in serious condition and was being moved to surgery to remove the object, Gagliardo said.
The Danbury Fire Department remains on the scene awaiting officials from OSHA, he said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.