WILTON, Conn. — A 51-year-old Greenwich woman turned herself in to Wilton police last week on a warrant charging her with drunken driving in connection with a Dec. 8 head-on collision on Route 7, police say.
Police say Hermina Hale was driving north on Route 7 when her 1998 Honda Accord crossed the double-yellow center line and drove head-on into a 2011 Chevy Silverado pickup truck.
The accident sent Hale and the other driver to the hospital, police say. During the investigation, police obtained a warrant for Hale’s medical records, which showed her blood-alcohol content on the night of the accident measured 0.10, police say. The legal blood-alcohol limit in Connecticut is 0.08.
Hale was released on a promise to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Prospector Theater In Ridgefield Featured On 'NBC Nightly News'