Updated at 5 p.m. WILTON, Conn. – Robert Bell, the man accused of killing his wife Svetlana Bell, a music teacher at Wilton’s Cider Mill School, was arraigned in Danbury on Monday morning and ordered held on $750,000 bond.
State Police have charged Robert Bell, 63, with first-degree manslaughter with a firearm and disorderly conduct. Police responded to the Bell residence at about 7:13 p.m. Saturday after they received a 911 call from Bell at his New Fairfield residence.
Police said Bell told them that he and Svetlana, 47, were involved in an altercation at their home at Hill Top Drive, which caused him to shoot her four times. Bell had requested police and an ambulance to arrive at their home. Police said they found Svetlana Bell unresponsive on the kitchen floor with apparent gunshot wounds to her chest area. Svetlana Bell was transported to Danbury Hospital and was pronounced dead at 8:15 p.m. Police said the investigation is continuing.
Robert Bell was also ordered to surrender his passport and a protection order was issued for him to not have any contact with his daughter.
Svetlana Bell was a music teacher at Cider Mill School. Grief counselors were reportedly available today at the school.
Robert Bell is due back in court Jan. 7.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Wilton's Blue Buffalo Pet Food Surges After IPO Raises $677 Million
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Underage Drinking Bust Top Week's News In Wilton