WILTON, Conn. — A 26-year-old Danbury man wanted in his hometown on charges of failure to appear was arrested Sunday night while walking along Route 7 in Wilton -- but that was just the start of his problems, police said.
Jeffrey Castro was located by officers just south of Grumman Hill Road after police received a complaint about a person walking along Route 7 in dark clothing, making him "barley visible to traffic," police said. Officers discovered there was an active warrant for Castro's arrest in Danbury on the failure to appear charge, police said.
At the time of his arrest, police said Castro threw a cellphone and a small bag of marijuana into the woods, which officers recovered.
Castro was charged with second-degree failure to appear as well as interfering with an officer and possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana. He was held on $1,000 bond and appeared at Norwalk Superior court on Monday.
During his court appearance, Castro put his feet on the furniture and told the judge to perform an oral sex act, The Hour reports. This earned Castro six months of jail time, according to The Hour. Read more about Castro’s court appearance here.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years