NORWALK, Conn. — A Norwalk man was charged with breaking into businesses and cars on Main Street in Norwalk in the fall, according to the Hour.
Police told the Hour that 37-year-old Anthony Jones was charged Tuesday in connection with the burglaries that took place on Oct. 30, 2016. Officers had been called to a sporting goods store after receiving a report that a rear door had been tampered with, the Hour reported. They also discovered that someone had tampered with the rear door of the restaurant next door as well, according to the Hour.
Police told the Hour that the doorknobs to the businesses had been taken off, and that they were found on the ground in a cemetery nearby. While investigating, police discovered that it appeared someone had tried to break into three cars that were parked behind the stores, according to the Hour.
Police reviewed surveillance footage and identified Jones as a suspect, the Hour reported. Jones has been in custody since he was arrested in connection with burglaries that took place in September, according to the Hour. New arrest warrants were issued and served while he was appearing in court on Tuesday, the Hour reported.