NORWALK, Conn. -- Officers from the Norwalk, New Canaan and Wilton police departments issued a total of 49 tickets while participating in a zero tolerance motor vehicle enforcement effort on Monday, June 16, against distracted driving, police officials said.
Norwalk officers issued 14 tickets and two summons.
New Canaan officers also issued 14 tickets during the detail.
Wilton police issued 21 tickets.
In all, 27 of the 49 tickets were for cellphone use and two were for distracted driving, police said.
- 1 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'