NORWALK, Conn. -- Officers from the Norwalk, New Canaan and Wilton police departments issued a total of 49 tickets while participating in a zero tolerance motor vehicle enforcement effort on Monday, June 16, against distracted driving, police officials said.
Norwalk officers issued 14 tickets and two summons.
New Canaan officers also issued 14 tickets during the detail.
Wilton police issued 21 tickets.
In all, 27 of the 49 tickets were for cellphone use and two were for distracted driving, police said.
- 1 Wilton Police: Man Strikes Co-Worker After Complaints Of Slow Work
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Wilton Police Land Two Men Fishing Illegally In Reservoir
- 4 Wilton Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Lydia Hearst