NORWALK, Conn. -- Officers from the Norwalk, New Canaan and Wilton police departments issued a total of 49 tickets while participating in a zero tolerance motor vehicle enforcement effort on Monday, June 16, against distracted driving, police officials said.
Norwalk officers issued 14 tickets and two summons.
New Canaan officers also issued 14 tickets during the detail.
Wilton police issued 21 tickets.
In all, 27 of the 49 tickets were for cellphone use and two were for distracted driving, police said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girl Takes 5th In National Cross Country Race
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller