NORWALK, Conn. -- Officers from the Norwalk, New Canaan and Wilton police departments issued a total of 49 tickets while participating in a zero tolerance motor vehicle enforcement effort on Monday, June 16, against distracted driving, police officials said.
Norwalk officers issued 14 tickets and two summons.
New Canaan officers also issued 14 tickets during the detail.
Wilton police issued 21 tickets.
In all, 27 of the 49 tickets were for cellphone use and two were for distracted driving, police said.
- 1 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced