NORWALK, Conn. -- Officers from the Norwalk, New Canaan and Wilton police departments issued a total of 49 tickets while participating in a zero tolerance motor vehicle enforcement effort on Monday, June 16, against distracted driving, police officials said.
Norwalk officers issued 14 tickets and two summons.
New Canaan officers also issued 14 tickets during the detail.
Wilton police issued 21 tickets.
In all, 27 of the 49 tickets were for cellphone use and two were for distracted driving, police said.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Wilton, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield