NORWALK, Conn. -- Officers from the Norwalk, New Canaan and Wilton police departments issued a total of 49 tickets while participating in a zero tolerance motor vehicle enforcement effort on Monday, June 16, against distracted driving, police officials said.
Norwalk officers issued 14 tickets and two summons.
New Canaan officers also issued 14 tickets during the detail.
Wilton police issued 21 tickets.
In all, 27 of the 49 tickets were for cellphone use and two were for distracted driving, police said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton