WILTON, Conn. - Shortly after 6:20 p.m. Wilton police were called to the scene of a serious car accident that caused the death of a Wilton man. in the area of the Wilton Public Library.
Officers found the car, a Nissan Rogue, against a tree with extensive front end damage and deployed air bags.
Two people were in the car and emergency medical agents began CPR on Raymond Kamaitis, 66, of Wilton, who showed no signs of life. Kamaitis was later declared dead after being taken to Norwalk Hospital.
According to the report, Kamaitis had been driving south down Old Ridgefield Road when it suddenly crossed the lines drove onto the sidewalk and hit a tree.
A passenger was also taken to the hospital for significant injuries sustained in the crash.
The area of Old Ridgefield Road between Godfrey Place and the library was closed for several hours while police investigated the accident.
Police are continuing to investigative the accident.
- 1 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'