WILTON, Conn. - Shortly after 6:20 p.m. Wilton police were called to the scene of a serious car accident that caused the death of a Wilton man. in the area of the Wilton Public Library.
Officers found the car, a Nissan Rogue, against a tree with extensive front end damage and deployed air bags.
Two people were in the car and emergency medical agents began CPR on Raymond Kamaitis, 66, of Wilton, who showed no signs of life. Kamaitis was later declared dead after being taken to Norwalk Hospital.
According to the report, Kamaitis had been driving south down Old Ridgefield Road when it suddenly crossed the lines drove onto the sidewalk and hit a tree.
A passenger was also taken to the hospital for significant injuries sustained in the crash.
The area of Old Ridgefield Road between Godfrey Place and the library was closed for several hours while police investigated the accident.
Police are continuing to investigative the accident.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts