WILTON, Conn. – No further arrests are expected to be filed in connection with the death of 13-year-old Nicholas Parisot four years ago, Deputy Police Chief Robert Crosby said Tuesday.
Crosby told reporters that the investigation of the boy’s death is still ongoing, but charges against the juvenile who was arrested last month will likely not change and no one else will be charged.
“It’s not likely,” Crosby said, adding that the investigation is just confirming what they have learned. “If there’s more to find out, we want to find out.”
Police arrested a boy from Placentia, Calif. last August and had him extradited to Connecticut last month to face a charge of second-degree manslaughter, a class C felony. Police and officials from the state’s attorney’s office have not identified the boy because of his age. During the press conference to announce the arrest, Police Chief Michael Lombardo said making an arrest had taken longer because of a lack of cooperation from some people.
Crosby said he could not say more about the case, including possible disposition, because it’s now in the hands of the state’s attorney’s office.
Parisot, 13, died on June 13, 2008 while riding his motorized bike near Hickory Hill and Hillbrook roads. Police said Parisot struck a rope tied to trees across a wooded trail.