WILTON, Conn. — A 76-year-old man residing at the Ogden House senior living facility on River Road in Wilton was found dead in his room Thursday afternoon from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said.
The victim, identified as Robert J. Wiswall, was found in his room at approximately 2 p.m. by a facility employee, Capt. John Lynch said. The employee was checking on Wiswall’s well-being after he failed to answer his daily check, Lynch said.
Wiswall was pronounced dead at the scene by Wilton Volunteer Ambulance, Lynch said. The state medical examiner’s office will conduct an autopsy at a later date.
“The investigation is on-going,” said Lynch. “However, based on the evidence, there does not appear to be any criminal indications.”
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts