WILTON, Conn. — A 76-year-old man residing at the Ogden House senior living facility on River Road in Wilton was found dead in his room Thursday afternoon from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said.
The victim, identified as Robert J. Wiswall, was found in his room at approximately 2 p.m. by a facility employee, Capt. John Lynch said. The employee was checking on Wiswall’s well-being after he failed to answer his daily check, Lynch said.
Wiswall was pronounced dead at the scene by Wilton Volunteer Ambulance, Lynch said. The state medical examiner’s office will conduct an autopsy at a later date.
“The investigation is on-going,” said Lynch. “However, based on the evidence, there does not appear to be any criminal indications.”
- 1 Wilton Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 3 Obama To Make Fundraising Stop In Stamford
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says