Update at noon Thursday: DARIEN, Conn. — The missing 72-year-old woman was found safe in Hartford, Darien police reported Thursday.
Original story: DARIEN, Conn. — A 72-year-old woman with dementia has been reported missing in Darien, police said. Laurie S. Reed was last seen at about 2 p.m. Wednesday near Darien High School.
Reed is a white woman, about 5 feet 2 inches tall, 150 pounds and has gray hair. She lives in Ohio and is in Darien to visit family. She was driving a blue 2003 Ford Expedition with Connecticut license plate number HDMVRM. She drove the car to drop off a family member at the high school Wednesday.
Reed does not have a cellphone and her car is low on gas, police said. Police have activated the Silver Alert System, a program that attempts to speed the process of finding missing people with cognitive impairments.
Anyone who comes into contact with Reed or the vehicle should call the Darien Police Department at 203-662-5300.
- 1 Wilton High Senior Honored With Prestigious Presidential Scholar Award
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 5 Wilton Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday