WILTON, Conn., -- A CVS employee from Ridgefield was arrested on charges of using a customer's lost credit card to rack up $1,500 in purchases at the store, Wilton Police said.
A Trumbull man went to police April 26 to report he had lost his mother’s credit card while shopping at the Wilton CVS and that it had been used subsequently to make purchase at the store, police said.
Police said they obtained video evidence showing the suspect using the card at the store.
Andrew W. Close, 23, of 131 Fieldcrest Drive, Ridgefield, was charged with fourth-degree larceny, third-degree theft and illegal use of a credit card, police said.
Close turned himself in to Wilton police on May 14 after he learned there was a warrant for his arrest.
He was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on May 23.
- 1 Wilton Police Charge Supermarket Cashier In Gift Card Scheme At Checkout
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Website Ranks Best, Worst Jobs For 2015
- 5 Wilton Student Honored As National University Innovation Fellow