WILTON, Conn., -- A CVS employee from Ridgefield was arrested on charges of using a customer's lost credit card to rack up $1,500 in purchases at the store, Wilton Police said.
A Trumbull man went to police April 26 to report he had lost his mother’s credit card while shopping at the Wilton CVS and that it had been used subsequently to make purchase at the store, police said.
Police said they obtained video evidence showing the suspect using the card at the store.
Andrew W. Close, 23, of 131 Fieldcrest Drive, Ridgefield, was charged with fourth-degree larceny, third-degree theft and illegal use of a credit card, police said.
Close turned himself in to Wilton police on May 14 after he learned there was a warrant for his arrest.
He was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on May 23.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight