WILTON, Conn. – A 26-year-old Wilton man is facing multiple counts of larceny after he turned himself in on a warrant charging him with stealing more than $130 worth of liquor from a local liquor store, police said.
Brian Schoonmaker of Catalpa Road is accused of stealing seven bottles of Jim Beam bourbon whiskey from a River Road store over a two-month period, police said.
Schoonmaker was captured on video surveillance visiting the store seven times between late January and mid-March, police said. During each visit, he stole one bottle of Jim Beam, police said. Each bottle of liquor was valued at $18.99, police said, putting the total value of all seven stolen bottles at more than $130.
Schoonmaker turned himself in to police Friday and was charged with seven counts of sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released on a promise to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on April 8.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Wilton Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard