WILTON, Conn. – A music teacher at Wilton’s Cider Mill Elementary School was fatally shot at her New Fairfield home, reports say.
According to the Hartford Courant, state police report that Robert Bell, 63, was charged in the death of his wife, Svetlana Bell, 47, Saturday night.
Bell was accused of shooting his wife four times in the chest following an altercation at the couple’s home. He then called police requesting an ambulance around 7 p.m.
Bell is being charged with first-degree manslaughter with a firearm and disorderly conduct. He is due to appear at Danbury Superior Court Monday.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'