WILTON, Conn. – A music teacher at Wilton’s Cider Mill Elementary School was fatally shot at her New Fairfield home, reports say.
According to the Hartford Courant, state police report that Robert Bell, 63, was charged in the death of his wife, Svetlana Bell, 47, Saturday night.
Bell was accused of shooting his wife four times in the chest following an altercation at the couple’s home. He then called police requesting an ambulance around 7 p.m.
Bell is being charged with first-degree manslaughter with a firearm and disorderly conduct. He is due to appear at Danbury Superior Court Monday.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge