WILTON, Conn. – A music teacher at Wilton’s Cider Mill Elementary School was fatally shot at her New Fairfield home, reports say.
According to the Hartford Courant, state police report that Robert Bell, 63, was charged in the death of his wife, Svetlana Bell, 47, Saturday night.
Bell was accused of shooting his wife four times in the chest following an altercation at the couple’s home. He then called police requesting an ambulance around 7 p.m.
Bell is being charged with first-degree manslaughter with a firearm and disorderly conduct. He is due to appear at Danbury Superior Court Monday.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Wilton
- 4 Wilton Police Assist At Large Brawl In Norwalk Park After Shots Were Fired
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters