WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton police say they believe a sharp spike in crime in town is the result of a growing narcotics problem in the region, according to the Wilton Bulletin.
Property crimes in Wilton rose dramatically in 2013, reversing a 10-year run of decline. Burglaries jumped from 17 in 2012 to 58 in 2013. Larcenies also saw an increase of 39 reported incidents, The Wilton Bulletin reported.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Wilton On Wednesday
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 SafeWise Names Wilton As Fifth Safest Place In Connecticut
- 5 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity