WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton police say they believe a sharp spike in crime in town is the result of a growing narcotics problem in the region, according to the Wilton Bulletin.
Property crimes in Wilton rose dramatically in 2013, reversing a 10-year run of decline. Burglaries jumped from 17 in 2012 to 58 in 2013. Larcenies also saw an increase of 39 reported incidents, The Wilton Bulletin reported.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 5 Wilton, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades