WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton police say they believe a sharp spike in crime in town is the result of a growing narcotics problem in the region, according to the Wilton Bulletin.
Property crimes in Wilton rose dramatically in 2013, reversing a 10-year run of decline. Burglaries jumped from 17 in 2012 to 58 in 2013. Larcenies also saw an increase of 39 reported incidents, The Wilton Bulletin reported.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Prospector Theater In Ridgefield Featured On 'NBC Nightly News'