WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton police say they believe a sharp spike in crime in town is the result of a growing narcotics problem in the region, according to the Wilton Bulletin.
Property crimes in Wilton rose dramatically in 2013, reversing a 10-year run of decline. Burglaries jumped from 17 in 2012 to 58 in 2013. Larcenies also saw an increase of 39 reported incidents, The Wilton Bulletin reported.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Wilton