WILTON, Conn. — A 30-year-old Bridgeport man and employee of Mrs. Green’s in Wilton was charged with breach of peace Sunday after two co-workers reported he was overheard talking about shooting people, police said.
The employees stated that Eric Chambers had been muttering to himself about shooting people throughout the day, the police report said. Before the store was set to close Sunday, Chambers changed his clothes and said “I’m going to get my gun,” before walking out the front door, the police report said. Concerned, Chambers’ co-workers contacted police.
No firearms were found during the investigation, police said. Chambers was issued a misdemeanor summons and was schedule to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Monday. He is next due in court on March 26.
“Mrs. Green’s holds the health and safety of its customers and workers in the highest regard," said John Collins, a spokesperson for Mrs. Green’s Natural Market. "We are currently conducting an internal review and will make sure we take every step to keep our patrons and workers safe.”
- 1 Wilton Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Wilton Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Wilton; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow