WILTON, Conn. – Charles Garcia remained in fair condition Thursday at Yale-New Haven Hospital about 10 days after he was shot at his Wilton home during a domestic incident, according to hospital officials.
Garcia, 47, shot himself while struggling over a rifle with his wife, Michele, while they were in an upstairs bedroom at their Grumman Avenue home on Dec. 3, Wilton police said.
Wilton police were still investigating but have said the couple were injured by a single rifle shot. Michele Garcia, 39, also suffered facial injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
Officers responding to a report of a gunshot on the morning of Dec. 3 found that Michele Garcia had gone to a neighbor’s home to call 911 and Charles Garcia was found in the couples' home, where the gun had gone off, police said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts