WILTON, Conn. – Charles Garcia was listed in fair condition at Yale-New Haven Hospital on Wednesday afternoon, more than a week after he was shot at his Wilton home during a domestic incident, hospital officials said.
Garcia, 47, shot himself while struggling over a rifle with his wife, Michele, while they were in an upstairs bedroom of their Grumman Avenue home, Wilton police said.
The police were still working to get statements from the couple, Capt. John Lynch said. It’s not clear whether charges will be filed, Lynch said. “We’re putting everything together, and we’ll go from there,” he said.
Wilton police were still investigating but have said the couple were injured by a single rifle shot. Charles Garcia’s injuries were said to be life-threatening. Michele Garcia, 39, also suffered facial injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
Officers responding to a report of a gunshot Monday morning found Michele Garcia had gone to a neighbor’s home to call 911, police said. Charles Garcia was found in the couples' home, where the gun had gone off, police said.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Wilton, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades