WILTON, Conn. -- A Wilton woman who holds a grudge against a Wilton restaurant was charged with breach of peace after she brandished an ignited lighter at patrons and told them they would "all go to hell" for eating at the restaurant, police said.
Sima Honarbakhsh, 61, of 12 Village Walk, was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Sept. 8.
Police were called to Cactus Rose restaurant at 5 River Road at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. A woman was seen holding a lighter under several vehicles parked nearby, police said. She then approached patrons on the restaurant's patio and aggressively yelled at patrons while brandishing the lit lighter, police said.
"She was aggressively kind of thrusting it toward patrons who were eating," Lt. Donald Wakeman said.
The woman also drove past the restaurant while holding the lighter, Wakeman said.
He said she is not a former employee or has no formal association with the restaurant other than being a patron in the past.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Wilton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued