WILTON, Conn. – A Stamford woman is facing a larceny charge from Wilton Police after being accused of stealing candles from the Wilton YMCA.
Carol Tan, 45, of Hemlock Drive, Stamford, was charged Friday with sixth-degree larceny. Police said Tan, who is also known as Carol Boland, turned herself in to police when she was told they had a warrant for her arrest. Police said Tan was seen on a video surveillance camera removing a box with five Yankee Candles from a YMCA utility room in November. Police said the candles were mailed back to the YMCA in a package that included an apology letter, though the package did not have a name or a return address. Four of the containers were broken, police said.
Tan was released and is scheduled to appear on Feb. 11 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Sound Healer Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 2 Wilton Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Wilton
- 4 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 5 Target, With Four Fairfield County Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs