WILTON, Conn. – A Stamford woman is facing a larceny charge from Wilton Police after being accused of stealing candles from the Wilton YMCA.
Carol Tan, 45, of Hemlock Drive, Stamford, was charged Friday with sixth-degree larceny. Police said Tan, who is also known as Carol Boland, turned herself in to police when she was told they had a warrant for her arrest. Police said Tan was seen on a video surveillance camera removing a box with five Yankee Candles from a YMCA utility room in November. Police said the candles were mailed back to the YMCA in a package that included an apology letter, though the package did not have a name or a return address. Four of the containers were broken, police said.
Tan was released and is scheduled to appear on Feb. 11 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton