GREENWICH, Conn. – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was met by gun control activists during his visit to Greenwich on Monday evening to attend a Republican Party fundraiser and promote Tom Foley’s candidacy for governor, reports The Hartford Courant.
Foley lost to current Gov. Dannel Malloy four years ago by less than 1 percentage point, according to the report. He must first win the GOP primary in August in order to face Malloy again in the November election.
The Courant says 200 protesters gathered down the street from the fundraiser, which was held in a home in the private Belle Haven neighborhood.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 Wilton Man Who Snapped Utility Pole Charged With Drunken Driving
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 4 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton