Updated at 3:30 p.m. WILTON, Conn. – Gail Lavielle won a second term as the representative of the 143rd House District Tuesday. Lavielle defeated challenger Ted Hoffstatter.
Lavielle received a combined 7,242 votes in all three towns, while Hoffstatter received 5,071 votes.
In Wilton, Lavielle garnered 3,928 votes to Hoffstatter's 2,277. Lavielle also won in Westport, receiving 574 votes to Hoffstatter's 477. In Norwalk, Lavielle received 2,740 votes to Hoffstatter's 2,317 votes.
Lavielle was seeking her second term as State Representative from the 143rd. Before joining the General Assembly, Lavielle was a member of the Wilton Board of Finance. She is also a member of several Wilton and Norwalk community groups.
Hoffstatter, a teacher at Wilton High School, is currently a member of the Wilton Board of Selectmen and serves as a member of several community groups in Wilton.
The 143rd District includes Wilton, East Norwalk and a portion of Westport.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton
- 5 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors