Updated at 3:30 p.m. WILTON, Conn. – Gail Lavielle won a second term as the representative of the 143rd House District Tuesday. Lavielle defeated challenger Ted Hoffstatter.
Lavielle received a combined 7,242 votes in all three towns, while Hoffstatter received 5,071 votes.
In Wilton, Lavielle garnered 3,928 votes to Hoffstatter's 2,277. Lavielle also won in Westport, receiving 574 votes to Hoffstatter's 477. In Norwalk, Lavielle received 2,740 votes to Hoffstatter's 2,317 votes.
Lavielle was seeking her second term as State Representative from the 143rd. Before joining the General Assembly, Lavielle was a member of the Wilton Board of Finance. She is also a member of several Wilton and Norwalk community groups.
Hoffstatter, a teacher at Wilton High School, is currently a member of the Wilton Board of Selectmen and serves as a member of several community groups in Wilton.
The 143rd District includes Wilton, East Norwalk and a portion of Westport.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Wilton Wahoos Send 36 Swimmers To YMCA Nationals
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer