RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Republican Bob Eick dropped out of the race for State Treasurer on Monday, June 2, according to newstimes.com.
By conceding, Eick has left fellow Republican and Trumbull First Selectman Tim Herbst as the GOP nominee to unseat longtime Democratic incumbent Denise Nappier, newstimes.com reported.
Eick, who was beaten by Herbst for the Republican nomination at the May party convention, said he dropped out so as to not diminish Herbst chances of beating Nappier, newstimes.com said.
Eick, who lives in Ridgefield, is an investment executive at Stamford's RBS.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Lydia Hearst
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 Wilton Eight-Graders Meet Stars Of Women’s Basketball Team At UConn
- 5 Arrest Of A Man In Assault On Co-Worker In Wilton Tops Week’s News