WILTON, Conn. -- Leaders from the Wilton and Norwalk YMCAs recently attended a breakfast meeting at the Capitol with several state representatives and senators to discuss YMCA initiatives throughout the Connecticut.
The event was attended by more 40 executives and board members of the Y as well as seven legislators.
Discussion topics included: Work YMCAs are doing to promote early childhood education in collaboration with the state’s newly created Office of Early Childhood; the establishment of nutritional guidelines in licensed preschools to address the prevention of childhood obesity; and the incorporation of American Safety and Health Institute lifeguard CPR certification standards into state statutes.
- 1 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 SafeWise Names Wilton As Fifth Safest Place In Connecticut
- 4 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity
- 5 Wilton Man Opens State's First Orangetheory Fitness In Fairfield