WILTON, Conn. -- Leaders from the Wilton and Norwalk YMCAs recently attended a breakfast meeting at the Capitol with several state representatives and senators to discuss YMCA initiatives throughout the Connecticut.
The event was attended by more 40 executives and board members of the Y as well as seven legislators.
Discussion topics included: Work YMCAs are doing to promote early childhood education in collaboration with the state’s newly created Office of Early Childhood; the establishment of nutritional guidelines in licensed preschools to address the prevention of childhood obesity; and the incorporation of American Safety and Health Institute lifeguard CPR certification standards into state statutes.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Wilton
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money