WILTON, Conn. -- Leaders from the Wilton and Norwalk YMCAs recently attended a breakfast meeting at the Capitol with several state representatives and senators to discuss YMCA initiatives throughout the Connecticut.
The event was attended by more 40 executives and board members of the Y as well as seven legislators.
Discussion topics included: Work YMCAs are doing to promote early childhood education in collaboration with the state’s newly created Office of Early Childhood; the establishment of nutritional guidelines in licensed preschools to address the prevention of childhood obesity; and the incorporation of American Safety and Health Institute lifeguard CPR certification standards into state statutes.
- 1 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton