WILTON, Conn. -- Leaders from the Wilton and Norwalk YMCAs recently attended a breakfast meeting at the Capitol with several state representatives and senators to discuss YMCA initiatives throughout the Connecticut.
The event was attended by more 40 executives and board members of the Y as well as seven legislators.
Discussion topics included: Work YMCAs are doing to promote early childhood education in collaboration with the state’s newly created Office of Early Childhood; the establishment of nutritional guidelines in licensed preschools to address the prevention of childhood obesity; and the incorporation of American Safety and Health Institute lifeguard CPR certification standards into state statutes.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton