WILTON, Conn. -- Leaders from the Wilton and Norwalk YMCAs recently attended a breakfast meeting at the Capitol with several state representatives and senators to discuss YMCA initiatives throughout the Connecticut.
The event was attended by more 40 executives and board members of the Y as well as seven legislators.
Discussion topics included: Work YMCAs are doing to promote early childhood education in collaboration with the state’s newly created Office of Early Childhood; the establishment of nutritional guidelines in licensed preschools to address the prevention of childhood obesity; and the incorporation of American Safety and Health Institute lifeguard CPR certification standards into state statutes.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Wilton
- 5 Warmer Temps Bring Threat Of Storms For Wilton