WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton’s Anna McMorrow, daughter of Carol Bogard, has been elected to the Lawrence University chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest honorary society in America.
Phi Beta Kappa awards membership to seniors who have demonstrated superior scholarship. An anthropology major at Lawrence, McMorrow is a 2010 graduate of Wilton High School.
Founded in 1847, Lawrence University integrates a college of liberal arts and sciences with a nationally recognized conservatory of music, both devoted exclusively to undergraduate education. The school, located in Appleton, Wis., was selected for inclusion in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2014 and the book "Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About College."
Individualized learning, the development of multiple interests and community engagement are central to the Lawrence experience. Lawrence draws its 1,500 students from nearly every state and more than 50 countries.
- 1 Wilton Police: Man Strikes Co-Worker After Complaints Of Slow Work
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Wilton Police Land Two Men Fishing Illegally In Reservoir
- 4 National Weather Service: Wilton's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Wilton Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach