WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton’s Anna McMorrow, daughter of Carol Bogard, has been elected to the Lawrence University chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest honorary society in America.
Phi Beta Kappa awards membership to seniors who have demonstrated superior scholarship. An anthropology major at Lawrence, McMorrow is a 2010 graduate of Wilton High School.
Founded in 1847, Lawrence University integrates a college of liberal arts and sciences with a nationally recognized conservatory of music, both devoted exclusively to undergraduate education. The school, located in Appleton, Wis., was selected for inclusion in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2014 and the book "Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About College."
Individualized learning, the development of multiple interests and community engagement are central to the Lawrence experience. Lawrence draws its 1,500 students from nearly every state and more than 50 countries.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk