WILTON, Conn. - Wilton’s Cooper A. L. Hollingsworth was one of nearly 550 students who were awarded degrees from St. Lawrence University during commencement ceremonies held May 18 in Canton, N.Y.
Hollingsworth, who completed coursework in December 2013, was awarded a degree in environmental studies .
St. Lawrence's commencement speakers were honorary degree recipients Grace Potter, singer-songwriter from Grace Potter and the Nocturnals; Susan A. Talve, Class of 1975, founding rabbi of the Central Reform Congregation in St. Louis; and Donald K. Rose, Class of 1964, who chaired the St. Lawrence Board of Trustees from 2008 to 2013.
Founded in 1856, St. Lawrence University is a private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students.
- 1 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You