WILTON, Conn. - At its 132nd commencement held May 19 outdoors on Armstrong Quad, Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colo., awarded 566 undergraduate degrees.
The following Wilton residents received their degrees:
• Samuel Fields, a graduate of Wilton High School, graduated with a bachelor of arts in Southwest studies.
• Haley Montgomery, a graduate of Wilton High School, graduated with a bachelor of arts in philosophy.
Jane Lubchenco, first woman to serve as the head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, gave the commencement address, titled "From Rats to Sharks: Tales of Public Service." She is a 1969 graduate of Colorado College.
"You millennials – because of your numbers and attitudes – are positioned to have immense influence on our country," Lubchenco told the graduating class. "You will elect the next six presidents of the United States. You will be the problem solvers and the leaders."
Colorado College is a four-year liberal arts college that was founded in Colorado Springs in 1874. The college operates on the innovative Block Plan, in which its 2,000 undergraduate students study one course at a time in intensive 3 1/2 -week segments.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Wilton, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night