WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton superintendent of schools apologized and admitted he made misstatements about a preschool worker who was arrested on child pornography charges, the Wilton Bulletin reported.
Former Miller-Driscoll preschool paraprofessional Eric Von Kohorn, 33, of Bridgeport, was arrested Aug. 20 on charges of first-degree possession of child pornography and promoting a minor in an obscene performance.
In a letter to parents and staff members Friday, Aug. 29, Schools Superintendent Kevin Smith said he was wrong when answering questions about von Kohorn's behavior in the Wilton preschool, the Bulletin said.
Smith said there had been an investigation by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families after a parent complaint that von Kohorn took a child to the bathroom in 2013 without another staff person present, the Bulletin said.
Lawyer Paul Slager, of Silver Golub & Teitell, said in a statement that von Kohorn inappropriately touched the preschooler.
Read the full story here at the Wilton Bulletin.
- 1 Wilton Man Who Snapped Utility Pole Charged With Drunken Driving
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 4 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton