WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton superintendent of schools apologized and admitted he made misstatements about a preschool worker who was arrested on child pornography charges, the Wilton Bulletin reported.
Former Miller-Driscoll preschool paraprofessional Eric Von Kohorn, 33, of Bridgeport, was arrested Aug. 20 on charges of first-degree possession of child pornography and promoting a minor in an obscene performance.
In a letter to parents and staff members Friday, Aug. 29, Schools Superintendent Kevin Smith said he was wrong when answering questions about von Kohorn's behavior in the Wilton preschool, the Bulletin said.
Smith said there had been an investigation by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families after a parent complaint that von Kohorn took a child to the bathroom in 2013 without another staff person present, the Bulletin said.
Lawyer Paul Slager, of Silver Golub & Teitell, said in a statement that von Kohorn inappropriately touched the preschooler.
Read the full story here at the Wilton Bulletin.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Wilton