FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield’s Julie Chu collected an assist and Hillary Knight, who also has Connecticut ties, scored her second goal of the Winter Olympics as Team USA routed Switzerland, 9-0, on Monday in Sochi, Russia.
Chu assisted on Knight’s goal in the first period. Knight, who played at Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, also scored in Team USA’s 3-1 win over Finland in its first game.
Monique Lamoureux, Amanda Kessel and Kendall Coyne had two goals each for Team USA. Alex Carpenter and Brianna Decker had the other goals for the United States, which out-shot Switzerland 53-10.
Team USA plays Canada on Wednesday in a showdown between the two favorites to win the gold medal.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Wilton Eight-Graders Meet Stars Of Women’s Basketball Team At UConn
- 3 Arrest Of A Man In Assault On Co-Worker In Wilton Tops Week’s News
- 4 Wilton Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries