DANBURY, Conn. -- Students, faculty and staff of Western Western Connecticut State University will race across Danbury for the Campus-to-Campus 5K on Oct. 13 starting at 9 a.m.
Runners will leave the Westside campus for the 3.1-mile route winding over Lake Avenue, West Street and Main Street before finishing at the Midtown campus. Fitness walkers will start immediately after runners.
After the race, shuttle buses will transport participants back to the registration and parking area at the Westside campus.
The race will be chip-timed, and prizes will be awarded in the men’s and women’s open divisions for the top three spots as well as top Western student male and female, top Western employee male and female, and top Western alumni male and female.
Runners and walkers can register online. A New Balance Tech Shirt and race bag will be given to the first 125 pre-registered runners or walkers.
Proceeds of the event will benefit Western student fitness and wellness programs by funding the purchase of fitness equipment, providing health seminars and sponsoring wellness activities on campus.
For more information, call the Office of University Relations at 203-837-8486.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Teen’s Arrest For Swastika Incident At Wilton High Tops Week’s News