DANBURY, Conn. -- Students, faculty and staff of Western Western Connecticut State University will race across Danbury for the Campus-to-Campus 5K on Oct. 13 starting at 9 a.m.
Runners will leave the Westside campus for the 3.1-mile route winding over Lake Avenue, West Street and Main Street before finishing at the Midtown campus. Fitness walkers will start immediately after runners.
After the race, shuttle buses will transport participants back to the registration and parking area at the Westside campus.
The race will be chip-timed, and prizes will be awarded in the men’s and women’s open divisions for the top three spots as well as top Western student male and female, top Western employee male and female, and top Western alumni male and female.
Runners and walkers can register online. A New Balance Tech Shirt and race bag will be given to the first 125 pre-registered runners or walkers.
Proceeds of the event will benefit Western student fitness and wellness programs by funding the purchase of fitness equipment, providing health seminars and sponsoring wellness activities on campus.
For more information, call the Office of University Relations at 203-837-8486.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight