FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – When it comes to dominant high school football programs in Connecticut, Fairfield County ranks high.
Eight Fairfield County programs rank among the Top 20 most dominant programs in the last 10 years, according to rankings by MaxPreps.
They are New Canaan (1), Staples (5), Masuk (6), Greenwich (7), St. Joseph-Trumbull (11), Brookfield (15), Shelton (17) and Darien (19).
Each program earned points based on where it finished in the MaxPreps computer state rankings after each of the first 10 seasons that MaxPreps compiled them, beginning in 2004.
For more, including the complete list, click here.
Follow Joe Lombardi on Twitter @Joe_Lombardi.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Wilton
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton Tuesday
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Wilton