FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – When it comes to dominant high school football programs in Connecticut, Fairfield County ranks high.
Eight Fairfield County programs rank among the Top 20 most dominant programs in the last 10 years, according to rankings by MaxPreps.
They are New Canaan (1), Staples (5), Masuk (6), Greenwich (7), St. Joseph-Trumbull (11), Brookfield (15), Shelton (17) and Darien (19).
Each program earned points based on where it finished in the MaxPreps computer state rankings after each of the first 10 seasons that MaxPreps compiled them, beginning in 2004.
For more, including the complete list, click here.
Follow Joe Lombardi on Twitter @Joe_Lombardi.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed