FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – When it comes to dominant high school football programs in Connecticut, Fairfield County ranks high.
Eight Fairfield County programs rank among the Top 20 most dominant programs in the last 10 years, according to rankings by MaxPreps.
They are New Canaan (1), Staples (5), Masuk (6), Greenwich (7), St. Joseph-Trumbull (11), Brookfield (15), Shelton (17) and Darien (19).
Each program earned points based on where it finished in the MaxPreps computer state rankings after each of the first 10 seasons that MaxPreps compiled them, beginning in 2004.
For more, including the complete list, click here.
Follow Joe Lombardi on Twitter @Joe_Lombardi.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible