FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – When it comes to dominant high school football programs in Connecticut, Fairfield County ranks high.
Eight Fairfield County programs rank among the Top 20 most dominant programs in the last 10 years, according to rankings by MaxPreps.
They are New Canaan (1), Staples (5), Masuk (6), Greenwich (7), St. Joseph-Trumbull (11), Brookfield (15), Shelton (17) and Darien (19).
Each program earned points based on where it finished in the MaxPreps computer state rankings after each of the first 10 seasons that MaxPreps compiled them, beginning in 2004.
For more, including the complete list, click here.
Follow Joe Lombardi on Twitter @Joe_Lombardi.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Wilton