FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County rowers are well represented in USRowing’s Fan’s Choice Finalists for Rower of the Year awards. The poll is co-sponsored by row2k Media.
Fairfield’s Rosie Grinalds, Saugatuck Rowing's Harrison Malec and Maritime Rowing Club’s Graham Mink are among the five finalists for Rower of the Year. Masters rowers from Fairfield County on the ballot are Paul Green of Westport-based Saugatuck Rowing, and Laurie Devitt of Maritime Rowing Club.
New Canaan’s Charlie Cole, who won a bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Games, is on the ballot for the National Team Rower of the Year.
Wilton’s Guenter Beutter of the GMS Rowing Center in New Milford is on the ballot for the Junior Coach of the Year.
The winners will be honored at the Golden Oars Awards Dinner in November in New York. People can vote on the row2k.com website. Voting ends Oct. 22.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield