FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County rowers are well represented in USRowing’s Fan’s Choice Finalists for Rower of the Year awards. The poll is co-sponsored by row2k Media.
Fairfield’s Rosie Grinalds, Saugatuck Rowing's Harrison Malec and Maritime Rowing Club’s Graham Mink are among the five finalists for Rower of the Year. Masters rowers from Fairfield County on the ballot are Paul Green of Westport-based Saugatuck Rowing, and Laurie Devitt of Maritime Rowing Club.
New Canaan’s Charlie Cole, who won a bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Games, is on the ballot for the National Team Rower of the Year.
Wilton’s Guenter Beutter of the GMS Rowing Center in New Milford is on the ballot for the Junior Coach of the Year.
The winners will be honored at the Golden Oars Awards Dinner in November in New York. People can vote on the row2k.com website. Voting ends Oct. 22.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Wilton Eight-Graders Meet Stars Of Women’s Basketball Team At UConn
- 4 Arrest Of A Man In Assault On Co-Worker In Wilton Tops Week’s News
- 5 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts