WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton White Girls Travel Soccer team dropped to Fairfield's White Strikers 1-0 during the first round of the CT Cup.
The following is a recap of the game, according to a press release from Wilton:
Mairead Kehoe and Lilly Byrnes shared first half netminding duties and were spotless except for a lone bad bounce dribbler that found its way home with one minute left.
Second half action was led by Victoria Fox and Peyton Gildersleeve, who each just missed knotting the score with powerful boots from close range. Brielle Flavin stood tall in goal and pitched a shutout. Maddie Pfeiffer and Sam Nichols combined forces to stymie several Fairfield midfield rushes often feeding speedy strikers Maureen Campbell and Catalina King, who repeatedly penetrated deep into Fairfield territory to threaten offensively.
Grace Beck, Sarah Crocitto, and Olivia Crisafulli exhibited exceptional ballhandling prowess, with many displays of slick passing that repeatedly frustrated the ball-hawking Fairfield defenders.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'