WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton White Girls Travel Soccer team dropped to Fairfield's White Strikers 1-0 during the first round of the CT Cup.
The following is a recap of the game, according to a press release from Wilton:
Mairead Kehoe and Lilly Byrnes shared first half netminding duties and were spotless except for a lone bad bounce dribbler that found its way home with one minute left.
Second half action was led by Victoria Fox and Peyton Gildersleeve, who each just missed knotting the score with powerful boots from close range. Brielle Flavin stood tall in goal and pitched a shutout. Maddie Pfeiffer and Sam Nichols combined forces to stymie several Fairfield midfield rushes often feeding speedy strikers Maureen Campbell and Catalina King, who repeatedly penetrated deep into Fairfield territory to threaten offensively.
Grace Beck, Sarah Crocitto, and Olivia Crisafulli exhibited exceptional ballhandling prowess, with many displays of slick passing that repeatedly frustrated the ball-hawking Fairfield defenders.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Wilton Skies Sunday
- 2 Trespassing Charges Against Six Teens Tops Week’s News In Wilton
- 3 Wilton Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Wilton Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday