WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton White Girls Travel Soccer team dropped to Fairfield's White Strikers 1-0 during the first round of the CT Cup.
The following is a recap of the game, according to a press release from Wilton:
Mairead Kehoe and Lilly Byrnes shared first half netminding duties and were spotless except for a lone bad bounce dribbler that found its way home with one minute left.
Second half action was led by Victoria Fox and Peyton Gildersleeve, who each just missed knotting the score with powerful boots from close range. Brielle Flavin stood tall in goal and pitched a shutout. Maddie Pfeiffer and Sam Nichols combined forces to stymie several Fairfield midfield rushes often feeding speedy strikers Maureen Campbell and Catalina King, who repeatedly penetrated deep into Fairfield territory to threaten offensively.
Grace Beck, Sarah Crocitto, and Olivia Crisafulli exhibited exceptional ballhandling prowess, with many displays of slick passing that repeatedly frustrated the ball-hawking Fairfield defenders.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight