WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton this week:
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies .
- A resident of Deer Run Road in Wilton spotted a large bobcat walking in the woods behind her home.
- A 59-year-old New York woman was arrested and charged with reckless driving after her vehicle crashed into the back of a Wilton police SUV on Route 7 in Wilton, sending the officer to Norwalk Hospital.
- The Wilton Board of Education approved a $79.58 million operating budget for the 2014-15 school year.
- The son of a Wilton woman who was mauled by the family’s pit bull turned himself in to police on a warrant for failing to respond to an infraction ticket he received for letting the dog roam free.