WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton this week:
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies .
- A resident of Deer Run Road in Wilton spotted a large bobcat walking in the woods behind her home.
- A 59-year-old New York woman was arrested and charged with reckless driving after her vehicle crashed into the back of a Wilton police SUV on Route 7 in Wilton, sending the officer to Norwalk Hospital.
- The Wilton Board of Education approved a $79.58 million operating budget for the 2014-15 school year.
- The son of a Wilton woman who was mauled by the family’s pit bull turned himself in to police on a warrant for failing to respond to an infraction ticket he received for letting the dog roam free.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.