RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Jake Shimabukuro is bringing his ukulele to the Ridgefield Playhouse for a show at 8 p.m. Sunday, March 23.
The concert is part of the Doyle Coffin Singer/Songwriter Series. Shimabukuro is a ukulele composer and performer whose music combines elements of jazz, blues, rock, bluegrass, classical, folk and flamenco.
"This young musical wizard inspires awe with his passion for the ukulele and has been called a musical 'hero' by Rolling Stone," representatives said. "In his young career, ukulele wizard Jake Shimabukuro has already redefined a heretofore under-the-radar instrument and won accolades from everyone from Eddie Vedder to Perez Hilton and Dr. Sanjay Gupta. Jake has been compared to Jimi Hendrix and Miles Davis, and has even played for the Queen of England."
Tickets are $47.50 and are available at the box office at 203-438-5795 or online at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Wilton