FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Two separate, free workshops designed to help parents with children with autism and special needs are planned for early December.
On Dec. 4, the Center for Social Enrichment and Educational Development is hosting a discussion related to funding, financial planning and insurance for children with autism titled, “Navigating the Funding Landscape from Insurance to Financial Planning.”
Friends of Autistic People and Stamford Education 4 Autism are co-hosting the workshop, which will begin at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suites, 26 Mill River St. in Stamford.
The second event, “Educating Parents: Thinking Beyond One Day at a Time,” will focus on special education law and financial planning. It is hosted by the Wilton Family YMCA and will begin at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 at the Y, 404 Danbury Road in Wilton.
At both events, the guest presenters will be Westport attorney Lawrence Berliner and Northwestern Mutual financial adviser Stephen Ehrens.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Wilton Sky