WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton's Andrew LaSala was recently recognized at the 20th annual Home Builders & Remodelers Association Dinner.
LaSala, the founder of Summerview Development Group and Cannondale Building & Design, received recognition when his company won awards for the Best Smart Growth Community In Fairfield County and Best Affordable Rental Unit. The awards recognized Summerview Square, an energy-efficient townhouse rental community in Norwalk.
Former Mayor Richard Moccia said “Summerview Square is the city’s standard for all future residential housing of its type,” according to a press release. Mayor Harry Rilling also called Summerview Square “an amazing project that has revived a deteriorating West Main Street neighborhood," according to the release.
More than 70 neighbors, residents and public officials were in attendance at a special celebration held at Summerview Square. Rilling presented proclamations to LaSala and his partner Steven Berko, as well as to Summerview Square property owner Richard Segal.
In recognition of Summerview’s awards and to continue his philosophy of giving back to the surrounding community, Segal made a charitable donation to the Norwalk Y so that 10 children from families in need can attend the Y’s summer camp, which is held at the Silvermine School, according to the release.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Wilton Overnight
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks