WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton's Andrew LaSala was recently recognized at the 20th annual Home Builders & Remodelers Association Dinner.
LaSala, the founder of Summerview Development Group and Cannondale Building & Design, received recognition when his company won awards for the Best Smart Growth Community In Fairfield County and Best Affordable Rental Unit. The awards recognized Summerview Square, an energy-efficient townhouse rental community in Norwalk.
Former Mayor Richard Moccia said “Summerview Square is the city’s standard for all future residential housing of its type,” according to a press release. Mayor Harry Rilling also called Summerview Square “an amazing project that has revived a deteriorating West Main Street neighborhood," according to the release.
More than 70 neighbors, residents and public officials were in attendance at a special celebration held at Summerview Square. Rilling presented proclamations to LaSala and his partner Steven Berko, as well as to Summerview Square property owner Richard Segal.
In recognition of Summerview’s awards and to continue his philosophy of giving back to the surrounding community, Segal made a charitable donation to the Norwalk Y so that 10 children from families in need can attend the Y’s summer camp, which is held at the Silvermine School, according to the release.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 SUV Pushed Into Horseshoe Pond In Wilton